Sunday, January 30, 2011

Spinach Smoothie

I've read on multiple food blogs that you can put spinach into smoothies and you can't even taste it. So, I decided to try throwing a handful of baby spinach & greens mix into my regular smoothie recipe, which is just:

1 thing of yogurt (I think it's 6 oz)
1 yogurt-thing full of soy milk
1 handful of frozen berries
(In this case it's raspberry yogurt and frozen raspberries, but sometimes I mix it up.)

Blend until it looks, you know, smooth.

Anyway, I could taste the spinach, but not really in a bad way. Just like an extra bit of, uh, earthy flavor? Honestly it probably tastes slightly better without the spinach, but I'll keep adding it when I make smoothies, since it's such an easy way to eat more spinach!

(Sorry if this post is super obvious to everyone, but I only recently learned how easy it is to make smoothies at home. And only recently-er did I try adding greens.)

No comments:

Post a Comment